Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our Anniversary in Korea

Hello Everyone!!!
We got to celebrate our anniversary in Korea.  And I guess we could celebrate again tomorrow since in America it's the 22nd.  Yes, two anniversaries!!!  

I think I'm going to nickname Korean "the land of sweat".  I cannot believe how humid it is.  I literally pour sweat all day.  And I think part we are still on Oklahoma time.  We keep waking up around 4 am.  Or I guess we could just still be on Jett time.  :)  We started our big day with a trip to one of the many Dunkin Donuts.  The donuts were definitely different but still donuts.  And they had milk.  It was awesome.  We both love milk and haven't had in any in a few days.  The milk was the best part of the breakfast.  Then, we met up with our tour guide for the day, Joann, she is Aaron's sales reps' daughter.  She was awesome and showed us all sorts of stuff.  We went to several markets and malls, rode in our first taxi and saw lots of crazy things.  It was a great day.  Of course I was exhausted by the afternoon and ready for a nap.  We were going to have Joann take us to eat some Korean food but once we saw the menu we started looking for an American place to eat.  We decided on Outback Steakhouse for lunch, and Aaron and I were going to hit up a Korean restaurant close to our hotel for dinner.  We didn't quite make it to the Korean restaurant for dinner because we feel asleep in our hotel room at 5:30.    So that was our big anniversary.  Maybe our second anniversary tomorrow will be even more adventurous.  


Seoul Tower
This is as close as we got.  It is way up there and apparently even more humid.  I said "no" immediately to climbing that mountain.  


This is Joann, our tour guide for the day.  She was so nice and tried to teach us some Korean.  This is a really tough language to learn.  


A woman in the market making Korean crackers.  


The happy couple on our Anniversary.  

We are just one day away from meeting Pryce.  I can't believe it.  I'm get a little more excited and nervous each day.  

2 comments:

  1. Happppy Anniversary!!

    NOW GO EAT KOREA FOOD. something anything. street food anything. comeeee onnnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a great place to celebrate! I agree with Heidi , eat Korean !!! Miss you both! Love mom and dad
    Ps. Aaron all the life church are done , boxed and weighed !
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete