Monday, July 23, 2012

Tomorrow...

Hello Everyone!!!
Well, we decided to celebrate our American anniversary today, since for you all today is July 22.  And we finally went to a Korean Restaurant.  Bulgogi Brothers, they call it a Korean barbecue place.  Don't get excited...barbecue in Korea is totally different from barbecue in America.  Totally different!!!  

Once again, we woke up super early.  I was able to go back to sleep for just a little bit while Aaron watched movies.  We decided to eat the Korean food for lunch.  This restaurant is right down the street from our hotel.  It was very interesting.  Of course the language barrier does not help when ordering.  We picked something simple, that we thought we could both eat but they told us it takes to long so we had to pick something else.  We didn't know what to do.  The waitress suggested something and honestly I had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into.  So they start by bringing us all these very weird things that did not look like anything someone should eat.  Aaron tried almost everything and I tried to try most of it.  We weren't sure if these things were the main meal, we were really clueless the whole time.  Then they bring out some raw meat with some onions and potatoes.  So we found out that Korean barbecue is where you cook the meat yourself...at your table.  It was crazy.  So we ate some bulgogi.  I was very proud of us for trying it.  Aaron of course ate a lot more then me.  I could eat it again if I had to.  :)



Our first course of some sort of corn with those pea things and potatoes. 
I ate the potatoes and the pea things.  


Aaron is showing off his mad chopstick skills.  


I, on the other hand, had to pretty much eat with my fingers.  


Here is where the crazy food begins.  We had no idea what most of this was.  Some onions in there and some jalapenos.   Couldn't do it!!!   


And there was more!!!  I tried a few of these things.  I was so thankful I asked for a coke to try and wash them down.  We weren't sure what any of this was.  We're a little stupid when it comes to Korean food.


This is the bulgogi being cooked in the middle of our table.  Pretty cool.  I ate some of that.  


This is our hotel.  


This picture doesn't even come close to showing you how big Seoul is.  It is massive with over 10 million people.  


After lunch, we desperately needed something sweet and good.  Aaron got some mint chocolate chip from Baskin Robins and I got some yummy pretzel from Auntie Anne's.  Love that place!!!

We also stopped by Eastern today and ran into several couples that were meeting there babies for the first time.  It was great to talk to another American, well besides Aaron.  We also went to the nursery at Eastern.  This is where the babies stay until they are placed in a foster home.  I was overwhelmed with emotion.  There were babies everywhere.  Some of the cribs had 3 babies in the crib.  It was heartbreaking.  Our prayer is that each of those babies finds a caring forever family.  

In just a few more hours we will be meeting Pryce.  I'm so nervous!!!  Please pray that is goes well!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you guys finally TRIED SOMETHING (food). Can't wait to hear about the big meeting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud, now go eat some more! Korean BBQ is interesting, we ate at a joint in chinaa lot... just stick with normal meets, that's all i really ate. And that place you ate at was so clean and so nice!

    Go get your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the updates. Love reading them!! Tina

    ReplyDelete